Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Did You See that Shot? DUKE!



Oh how I love Duke Basketball!  It is especially fun when the loser is UNC!  I have been a Duke fan since the day that I was born due in large part to the fact that my Dad went to Duke.  It could also be said that my sisters and I were taught about the finer things in life from a very young age.

Watching this year's Duke Team has been a roller-coaster of emotions.  This team lacks a true star, although Austin Rivers is quickly moving into that category.  They also struggle with an inside presence, but I have come to expect that over the years.  I mean Steve Wojciechowski in all his 5' 11.5" glory works with the big men.  While I love Wojo; he was one of the toughest gnats I have ever seen play, an inside game was not his place.  This team also continues another unsettling Duke trend - "live by the three, die by the three."  Yet, these guys are one of the scrappiest bunches I have seen in a long time.  This is what makes them so much fun to watch since they don't appear to ever really be out of the game (there's that three point shot rule again).  Case in point the shot shown above marked 3-pointer number 14 as UNC led by 10-12 points for most of the game. 

I think Coach K (Coach Krzyzewski) said it best, "this team could go very deep into the tournament, or it could go out in the first round."  I am going to hope for the former.  This year's Big Dance will also be especially exciting since it marks the return of my own Alma mater - HOOSIERS!  They are another enigma of a team, but you know that is what makes it exciting!


2 comments

  1. Nothing like college basketball!!!!!! l know Krzyzewski is either loved or hated, and there are times that he whines way too much, but he really is quite inspiring. He's definitely in the league of John Wooden for sure.
    Should be a fun week of basketball!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad that Austin Rivers left and also said that Coach K ended up being correct in that they went out in the 1st Round!

    ReplyDelete

© Sheer Ridiculousness. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.