Thursday, June 7, 2012

Time to Dump the Brain

A little yoga at sunset in Lake Tahoe. 
Yoga and brain dumping help me relax.

The inspiration for this post comes from a blog I follow called, The Blue-Eyed Bride.  Erin is the daughter-in-law of one of our board members.  It certainly gives me something to aspire to in my blogging.

For better or worse I carry a lot of information around in this brain of mine, and sometimes I just need to share random factoids.

Here goes -

...Six months after ordering it, I can finally say that I have the right veil!  And I think it's pretty.

...I discovered rainbow sherbet fudge in Palisade, Colorado.  It is so wonderful because it gives me the taste of sherbet without the temperature issue that my body can no longer tolerate.

...Three new states have been crossed off my list: Utah, Nevada, and California.  Posts on those trips to come once I have pictures.

...I wore a bikini for the first time in my adult life at the age of 30, stomach scars and all.  I have five scars on my stomach from my surgery a year and a half ago.  The surgery was for pronounced reflux, not gastric bypass as someone once asked me.

...I was told that I can pull off the denim jacket without looking like I am trying to bring back bad 80s fashion.  Phew!

...I have saved just about every card that has ever been written to me (no joke, I have the boxes in my closet to prove it).  Pre-Kindle, I use them as bookmarks.  I found out my Mom does the same thing. 

...I am getting a little tired of my sister Stephanie always being right about me and technology.  She told me to get an IPod Touch (love it), and insisted that I would love a Kindle too.  Well I do.  Then she got me hooked on the Hunger Games books!  Enough, Steph.  It's bad enough that Dad is usually right (about just about everything).

...My future mother-in-law is still talking about my Dad's Chinese Dinner from a few weeks ago.  I think it has become the official "in-law" dinner as the last time I had it was when we met Denise's in-laws.

...I love Danny for so many reasons, but the latest is him being supportive of my escaping reality to Lake Tahoe on a girls' weekend.  I was unsuccessful in bringing back a Lake Tahoe Starbucks mug.  I am still trying though, albeit from a distance.

...My White Sox have a half-game lead atop the AL Central!  As my Dad said, "who are these guys?!"

...Next week will mark three months to go until the wedding.  Oh my!  Denise tells me I am ready, which helps me feel a lot better. The invitations are going out next week, which I am pretty sure makes it official.

...Earlier this week, Danny showed me Venus making its way across the sun.  *Sssshhh don't tell*, I thought it was pretty neat. 

...I admitted to a group of people that the movie E.T. scared the living daylights out of my as a child to the point that I have never been able to watch it as an adult.

...Last night after months of waiting, Danny and I found out what happened to T.K. on Necessary Roughness (TV show on USA Network).  I love that show.

...Done (not really, but that's probably enough for you to take in).

Thanks for reading my random thoughts for today.  I look forward to sharing about trips, bridal showers, bachelorette party fun, and other such things in future posts.  I also realized that this is the longest I have ever maintained a New Year's Resolution - progress!

4 comments

  1. Fun random thoughts...

    I will say that you and Jenni need to bend your knee more on the Warrior 1 yoga pose. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot speak for Jenni, but I know I bent my knee as far down as structured pants would allow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The really neat thing that happens when a person starts noticing "progress" in one's self is that you've had a positive perspective change and you are able to see more and more! It's called growth and loving the you God has made you to be which is not vain but gratitude! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was my first attempt at ANY yoga pose, so I'm pretty impressed.

    ReplyDelete

© Sheer Ridiculousness. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.