Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The Spike Series: The Man Got Me a Grill!



Hi, people, Spike here. I have not been able to communicate with you all in a while, and I want to make it clear that it was not my fault! See Laurie has been feeling very overwhelmed over the last number of months; and when she gets that way, one of the first things to go is blogging. 

To put things in perspective, the pictures on this post were taken the night that Laurie started her 100 Days of Happiness project (#100happydays), and well today is Day #62. That first post included the grill and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles bubbles...


Back to me because seriously folks, I did not care about the bubbles! Nope, not even a little bit. You see, all I could focus on was the grill (and the food it makes). The Man brought home this beautiful black charcoal contraption earlier in the summer. I did not really understand it at first, but I could tell it may be worth investigating based on how happy he was about the purchase. The Man put it together right away, but waited until Laurie was out of the house to really use it for the first time. What I mean by really is that The Man made something that Laurie would not necessarily approve of my eating - you guessed it, he made STEAK! Really good steak, and he let me eat off the bone! Then when my Laurie came home, he downplayed how much was left... Ssh - don't tell her, but I ate enough to know that only good things come of that black grill thing. I also know that when Laurie is out, the boys at home will play!

I let my people think that the grill is for them, and I do understand that on occasion things are made on it that I do not get to taste - such as those brats in the picture, or my people's new favorite hot dogs (Parks Finest by Ball Park). Still, I have enjoyed enough steak and ribs (yep, sometimes I get a piece of the Man's "special ribs" - again, don't tell Laurie) to declare that the Man brought the grill in to our lives in an effort to solidify our relationship. 

My great-grandmother, Laurie's Grandmom, really loves to hear my adventures. So it won't be too long before I am back to talk about the road trip I went on back in July. I went to eight states, in addition to Eastern Colorado, including four new places. I even enjoyed most of it! Please come back and hear about that - I like the lovin' and attention!

Post a Comment

© Sheer Ridiculousness. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.