Sunday, April 22, 2012

You Just Got Married (in September)! What are You Going to Do Now?


We're going to Disney World!  Okay, I will admit that title and subsequent answer is really only mildly funny if you remember the commercials that play after championships are won.  I have always wanted to be able to say those words to someone, and this may be my only chance.  Very similar to how my felt football field that I constructed for a review game with my high school students was called, "Laurie Killmer Stadium" because I do not foresee ever having enough money to buy a sports franchise.  One has to seize these types of opportunities.

In all seriousness though, Danny and I are going to Walt Disney World (Orlando) with a side trip to the Atlantic Ocean/Cape Canaveral for our honeymoon.  Why?  A couple reasons.  First, Danny has never been to Disney World.  Yes, it's true he will turn 30 without ever having been to Disney World, which made me sad.  I have many childhood memories that included this magical place, and so I wanted Danny to experience it too.  Plus, well I just do not sit well.  I am the WORST beach person EVER, and not just because I often become "tomato-like." I do not enjoy sitting down for hours at a time.  Thus, Disney World seemed like a very nice compromise, and we will make Danny's wish for a side-trip happen too.  This way I will get my fill of sand for the next six or seven years, and he can see Cape Canaveral/the ocean.  I mean marriage is all about compromise, right?

The honeymoon planning process is underway, and the excitement level is rising!  There was nearly a serious mishap with the flights, which I choose to attest to my brain being absolute mush.  We will be going to Indiana first before heading to Orlando, but I had us going from Chicago to Denver, which would be pretty hard.  Fortunately, I figured it out in time for Southwest to help me fix it.  That is not the type of honeymoon story I want to be telling years from now.  Instead I would rather be talking about Danny wanting his very own pair of Mickey Ears, us having lunch at Cinderella's Castle, and other adventures around the parks.

Here's hoping Danny finds Disney to be all that I have talked it up to be!





1 comment

  1. It will be...and I would think it won't be as crowded in October...which will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete

© Sheer Ridiculousness. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.