Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Few. The Proud. The Killmer-Pechie Bridal Party.




There are not very many opportunities to publicly acknowledge the special people in your life.  So I wanted to use a post to speak about our bridal party.  Let me first take a moment to explain the post title.  We have had a couple line-up changes, expected and unexpected; thus I started using the Marine's tag line to talk about these wonderful people who have agreed to stand with Danny and me as we become husband and wife.

Let's start with "my side" (people on the left side of the slide).  My sisters, Denise and Stephanie are the Matron and Maid of Honor, respectively.  I am blessed with sisters that I love and respect very much.  Denise has this wonderful confidence and calming presence, traits that I greatly admire.  Stephanie really has a wickedly funny sense of humor, and this charisma that I wish would rub off on me a little bit. The "bridesmaids" are three long-time friends (at least 10 years served).  I use the quotes because I don't have a good title for Dave.  Top of that row in the pictures is JennCable.  That is not a typo, I call her JennCable, emphasis on the Cable.  She and I lived together for over three years, during and after college she even still speaks to me.  I am a better person for having Jenn in my life, and that is the best way I can describe our friendship.  Next in the picture line would be Beth Castillo.  Beth and I became forever friends our senior year in high school, although I have known her since elementary school.  Beth is an amazing mother to three beautiful children, and I hope one day (in the distant future) to learn from her example.  She is able to bring out a silly side in me like no one else.  Finally, the brave David Kenneth Spence.  I call him brave because he is standing up with the ladies, and I call him by his full name on a fairly regular basis.  Who knows why, it has just always been that way.  Dave and I met over my Christmas break in 2000.  Many adventures later he is one of my dearest friends, and I remain especially grateful for all the miles that we have put on his cars over the years.

Moving on to "Danny's side" written from my perspective.  The Pechie family is well represented with Danny's sister, Jennie as his best ma'am, his Dad (Jim) as a groomsman, and his niece Celeste, as our flower girl.  I feel very lucky to be marrying into this family.  They have been very loving and supportive through our courtship, especially when Danny and I made the decision for him to move to Denver.  Jennie is a tough critic of the girls Danny has dated, but rumor has it I made the cut (phew!). 

On to the groomsman.  My brother-in-law, John will be standing up for Danny since the two of them have also become good friends.  It may never cease to amaze me that out of all the men in this world, Denise and I found two born in the same hospital, who also grew up very close to each other in rural Midwestern towns.  We have tried to find a guy for Stephanie from that area to make it a trifecta, but we may need to give up on that one.  John was the perfect match for Denise, as Danny is the right one for me.  Next, Matt Kipp, a co-worker of Danny's at FirstBank.  Matt and Danny share a mutual love of Colorado micro-brews, which I am grateful for since it cuts down on the number of breweries that I have to visit.  Lastly, is none other than Brian Waxler.  Brian is half of the duo that first introduced Danny and me.  Brian and I have been friends since we lived next door to each other in the duplex while Brian also lived in the same dorm as Danny in their freshman year of college.  Although he and Jeff Beyrau both had an equal part in the match-making process, Brian likes to take full credit.

Finally we have Heather and Jenni Salisbury who will be serving a dual role for us that day.  You will first seem them as our "usherettes", and then they will regale you with the story of how Danny and I met.  I have known Jenni since I moved to Colorado, five years ago, and I met Heather somewhere along the way on a visit before she moved to Denver a couple years ago.  Both are avid travelers and also blessed with wonderful personalities that brighten up any room they enter.  Jenni and Heather have become extended family for Danny and me, which is such a gift. 

I just wanted to thank each of these people for being part of our special day, which is made all that much better by their presence.

Post a Comment

© Sheer Ridiculousness. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.