Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Spike Series: But Why is the White Stuff Back?

 
Spike's feelings on the white stuff
 
Hi, people, Spike here. I am the only Colorado Native in the Pechie family. Apparently people  in Colorado like to make a big deal about being Natives, there is a bumper sticker and everything, since most people who live here now moved from somewhere else. There is a large Midwest contingency, which includes my parents, that Laurie likes to call the "Great Midwest Migration." Anyway, even though I have lived here my whole pug life (all five and a half years of it), I strongly dislike the white stuff (snow). I could probably go so far as to use the word hate, but Laurie despises the word.
 
Why am I telling you this? Because the white stuff came back again overnight, and it is still coming down as this is being written. In case you read this at a later date, it is now May 1. I believe it should be time for the spring with its flowers and lawns being mowed - you know all the things that makes Laurie's nose go crazy. I should not be fighting the white stuff and being prevented from sniffing around for that exact right spot to do my business. I am a big fan of sniffing, for many minutes in fact. I also have to check my p-mail - that's what the man calls it anyway. How can I possibly do that if this stupid stuff keeps getting in the way? I also do not like when the snow gets caught in the pads of my paws, yet I will not wear the boots that Laurie bought me. Apparently there is video evidence of how much I disliked those orange boots, but you have to be Facebook friends with the man to see it - read: technical difficulties. Phew - it is pretty embarrassing! 
 
My Laurie heard on the radio that there were five snow storms in the month of April, and now there is one to kick off the month of May. This pug says ENOUGH! While "Captain" Jack Sparrow emphatically asked, "But Why is the Rum Gone" in one of Laurie's favorite movies (Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl), just in case you don't know what she is talking about) I say, "But why is the white stuff back?!"
 
 

Post a Comment

© Sheer Ridiculousness. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.