Sunday, January 15, 2012

Inaugural Post

2012.  For many this is the year of the Mayans, but for me this year is going to be the start of a new chapter in my life.  For me, 2012 brings me to my 30th birthday, which in my head makes me an official adult.  I don't have a word to describe what I have been up until this point, but once March 31 arrives there will be no denying I am an adult.  Then in September I will further perpetuate my official adulthood status by becoming someone's wife.  So all of a sudden by the end of 2012 I will be the 30 year old Mrs. Pechie.  Good gracious, please don't call me that too soon.  I will still be Laurie.  Think of it like Madonna or Prince or your own favorite one named person - I will just be Laurie for at least the balance of 2012.  Maybe 2013 will bring about comfort with being called Mrs. Anything. 


With all this change comes serious responsibility and real craziness.  Or as I like to say more than the average person, sheer ridiculousness.  Thus I decided that I should start this blog, which has really about five years in the making.  No pressure or anything because something that has been in the works for that long should be pretty darn good.  You see, each milestone of my post-college life up until this point has been chronicled through a series of long email updates to people who love me enough to read them (or at least let me send it to their email accounts).  In my head the upcoming events of this year warranted more than that, and so I am going to give this blog my level best.

I will try not to inundate the web with the tales of wedding planning, although some of the high points may need to be posted.  I will, however, be using this as a forum for my love of sports, my pug, Spike; as well as general life speculations.  Enjoy!

2 comments

  1. Your father should be the one to make the first comment since he passed on the writing, wit and sports genes, but he probably doesn't know how to make a comment yet! :)
    2012 will definitely be a year to remember for you, Danny and all of us! Love you so and may God's love continue to light your way! I am grateful for every day I have the privilege to be witness to your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on following through with your New Year's resolution!

    ReplyDelete

© Sheer Ridiculousness. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.