Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Spike Series: I have a Doorbell!



Hello people, Spike here. Since I came to live with my Laurie, I have been an apartment pug. Three different apartments to be exact in just over five years. None of the apartments were bad, in fact I rather liked that someone had to take me outside, I am a people (really just person, singular: Laurie) pug. Yet, I always felt like something was missing - specifically, a doorbell. I enjoy barking at the doorbells that I would hear on TV. No one is sure what I expected to happen when I heard the sound, or why I knew that other dogs barked at them since I have not had one for any real length of time. Until now!

Let me take you on a tour, through pictures, of my (okay fine, our) new house starting from the top left:
  • This is my new bed that is in the powder room. I like it so much I even put myself to bed when it's time to go. Laurie originally came home one day with a bed that was too small. I proceeded to sit in it, because that was all I could do, and look up at Laurie as if to say, "you're an idiot this bed is too small."
  • Next on the tour is the living room. I approve of the new couch, although I still don't quite understand this reclining function thing. I am even getting used to the tile/hardwood floors.
  • The dining room exists, but I don't care for it since the food is high up on the table. I always hope something will fall, but it rarely does.
  • I prefer the kitchen since that is where my food/water can be found. The fridge is also where the mangoes come from - trust me, I know when the man gets one.
  • After going up the stairs that I mastered on the first try you will find the master bedroom (aka my second room). I also sleep on that bed, and since the move I sleep right in the middle of Laurie and the man. I do not start that way, but by the time everyone wakes up that is where I am. The dresser is pictured because my Laurie is pretty proud of herself for putting it together (with some assistance).
  • If you go down the hall, (not shown) you will pass the washer/dryer, and arrive at the office and the guest bedroom. Technically the pictures are out of order, but the guest room has the bed and the office has the writing desk that Laurie cannot wait to truly use. The man would want me to be sure to point out the lanterns in the corner of the guest room because it was his idea as a way to display them that way after they were used as centerpieces at the wedding (that I was not invited to!).
  • Finally, there is the chair that acts as the end table in the guest room. My people are pretty proud of themselves since it was their first DIY (do it yourself) project. The chair started as a black "as is" (read: clearance) purchase from Ikea. The lamp was also a clearance find from HomeGoods - super exciting since it was going for a lot more online.
So that's the house. There are bathrooms, I promise (2.5 of them to be exact). My Laurie did not consider them to be exciting enough for pictures or some such ridiculousness.

Just remember, the door is always open, even if it does have a new lock on the front door that Laurie installed (again with a little assistance) because my Grandmom (Laurie's Mom) taught her how when she was growing up. Come on over, I hear Laurie is learning to be more domestic or something!
 


Post a Comment

© Sheer Ridiculousness. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.